VictoryXR Academy: The Journey for Civil Rights with Dr. Hamilton
During this course, The Journey for Civil Rights, the students will analyze the histories, cultures, and people of African American descent and its Diaspora through critical perspectives, including but not exclusive to Afrocentric models. Students will also be able to understand diverse communities, cultures, and the impact and contributions of other people. Additionally, students will have the opportunity to communicate about models of social responsibility, justice, and ethical leadership. At the completion of this course, students will be able to evaluate arguments using philosophical, religious, and ethical reasoning.
- Students will have empirical knowledge as well as experiential knowledge through virtual artifacts and environments that allow for a realistic perspective of history. No one can receive this experience from an ordinary classroom lecture.
- Students will be able to have a well-rounded perspective and outlook on history, to utilize it as an active force rather than a passive subject that is only relevant during exam time.
- In the VR space, the instructor/student interaction is enhanced by the availability of media tools, exotic spaces, and tours that promote advanced learning.
- Moreover, I, the instructor am excited to showcase the rigors of slavery and constant quest for freedom; the horrors of the Middle Passage; and the trials of Dr. King and the Civil Rights Movement. We, together, will view and respect these sacred historical moments recreated in a virtual space.
COURSE LENGTH AND TIMES
- 5 weeks
- Thursdays: April 21, April 28, May 5, May 12, and May 19 @ 3pm CT/4pm ET
- 6DOF VR Headsets (https://engagevr.io/supported-devices/)
- Mobile phones